Photo by Esther Lin
Middleweight Antoine Douglas returns to action against Ernesto Berrospe on Thursday, November 10 at the 26th Annual Fight for Children Fight Night at the Washington Hilton in Washington, D.C.
Nutley, NJ (October 31, 2016)–Middleweight contender Antoine “Action” Douglas will be in action when he takes on Ernesto Berrospe on Thursday night, November 10th at the 26th annual Fight for Children Fight Night DC at the Washington Hilton in Washington, D.C.
Douglas from nearby Burke, Virginia, has a record of 19-1-` with 13 knockouts, and will be making his first appearance in eight months.
The 24 year-old Douglas won his first 19 bouts, which propelled him to a top-5 world ranking that included wins over Les Sherrington (35-7)m Istvan Szili (18-0-2), Thomas LaManna (16-0). former world title challenger Luca Messi (37-9-1), Marquies Davis (8-0-2) and Colby Courter (4-0).
Douglas is a four year professional, and has captured the Interim WBC FECARBOX, WBA International, WBA Fedelatin & WBO International Middleweight titles.
Douglas is coming off his first professional defeat when he was stopped in 10 rounds by Avtandil Khurtzsidze on March 5th in Bethlehem, PA.
Berrospe of Guadalajara, Mexico has a record of 11-9 with 7 knockouts.
The 30 year-old Berrospe is a 10 year professional,and has a win over previously undefeated Josue Mendoza (7-0-2). Berrospe is coming off a stoppage defeat to D’Mitrius Ballard on June 11th in Salt Lake City, Utah.
“Camp is great and I am glad to be back in the ring,” said Douglas. “It did not take long for me to get back in the swing of things. I got the rust off early in camp and I am ready to go.”
When asked what he is looking for coming off his first setback, Douglas is eager to show he is ready to be one of the top Middleweight contenders in the world.
“I want to see crispness and preciseness in my punches. I am also looking to show good footwork and defense.”
Douglas is not looking to rush anything as he wants to be on top of his game when he is next called upon to fight the elite fighters.
“I want to see where I am after this fight. I have been working hard and I have been ready to fight yesterday.”
Douglas is now managed by the respected Henry Rivalta
Said GH3 Promotions CEO Vito Mielnicki, “Antoine had a well deserved rest, and now he is ready to finish what he started, and that is to become world champion. One bad night will not define his career and I believe we have not yet seen the best from him. It says a lot about him as he fought 21 fights in just 29 months, and then steps in with a guy who took the fight on short notice that nobody wanted to fight and nobody still wants to fight in Khurtsidze. We have a plan for him to get him back knocking on the door of a world title and we look forward to moving him back in position.”
GH3 Promotions features Middleweight Antoine Douglas, Super Middleweight’s Jerry Odom & Ronald Ellis, undefeated Super Bantamweight Adam Lopez as well as Boxcino 2015 Jr. Middleweight Champion John Thompson, Jr., undefeated Welterweight’s Kenneth Sims Jr., Jerrell Harris, Arturo Trujillo & Keenan Smith, Heavyweight Ray Edwards & John Luna; Lightweight’s O’Shaquie Foster & Logan Yoon, Jr. Lightweight Antonio Williams, Bantamweight’s Brent Venagas, LeRoy Davilla & Stephon Young to the GH3 Promotions stable.
RBRBoxing provides quality news, interviews, round-by-round updates and videos about the sweet science.