On Saturday, former four-time Super Middleweight champion Carl Froch shared a tweet in which he said that he was “too big and too strong for GGG,” along with a photo displaying his hard-rock physique.
Earlier in May, there were talks that a fight between the 38-year-old native of England and Middleweight wrecking ball Gennady Golovkin would be in the not-too-distant future.
Instead, however, we get a tweet that suggests perhaps he won’t fight the 33-year-old Kazakh.
Tom Loeffler, Golovkin’s promoter, responded quickly, stating, “Carl, there’s only one way to find out,” before tagging Froch’s promoter, Eddie Hearn.
Loeffler also said in another tweet that he had heard “nothing from Hearn, only photos from Froch.”
Earlier in May, however, Hearn did say Froch was interested in the fight, as if the challenge were big enough for him to re-think retirement.
“Golovkin is the most feared fighter in the world now and Carl doesn’t need this fight. But he says he is intrigued by how he would deal with him. He’s crazy that way,” Froch’s promoter, Eddie Hearn, told the Daily Mail in May.
Does Froch’s tweet mean he won’t fight Golovkin, or is it a sign that he feels comfortable and strong enough to take the fight in the near future?
Let us know what you think.