CAPTURES NABF TITLE WITH UNANIMOUS DECISION
AGAINST KARIM MAYFIELD
NEW JERSEY (March 29, 2014) – Tonight in Atlantic City NJ, Gary Shaw Productions Jr. Welterweight sensation, Thomas Dulorme (21-1, 14 KOs, captured vacant the NABF title with a 10-round unanimous decision over previously unbeaten contender Karim Mayfield (18-1-1, 10 KOs). Scorecards read 98-92, 97-94 and 96-93 all in favor for Dulorme.
From the opening round, Dulorme controlled the action with his length and kept his distance as Mayfield tried his best to take the fight inside. As the fight went into the later rounds, Dulorme continued to mount a convincing lead as he boxed his way to victory.
Dulorme proved he has the talent to compete at the top level in the Jr. welterweight division and will now look to fight for a world title by the end of the year. He feels he can beat any champion in the division.
“Tonight I wanted to show the world that I’m a force in the Jr. Welterweight division,” said Dulorme. “Mayfield was an undefeated fighter who punches with a lot of power but he never hurt me. Robert Garcia and Alex Ariza are taking me to another level and I believe I’m the best Jr. Welterweight in the world.”
“My promoter Gary Shaw said he wants to see me in a big fight with a world champion in the near future. I’m ready to fight the best. Shaw and I are ready to take on all comers. I dedicate this fight to my people back home in Puerto Rico.” Dulorme concluded.
“Dulorme showed great poise tonight against a power puncher who likes to brawl,” said Gary Shaw. “He’s now in position to challenge any of the champions at 140lbs and I’ll talk with his team to see what we can put together. This is a great win for Dulorme and I’m proud of his accomplishments thus far. Garcia and Ariza are doing a great job with him and happy they’ve united. He’s on his way to big time fights.”