- The PPV Price is $89.95 for SD or $99.95 for HD. Most experts see this reaching similar buyrate numbers to Mayweather/Pacquiao (4 million+ buys)
- Face value of tickets range from $500-$10,000 and went on-sale Monday July 24. However, secondary market tickets are seeing up to a 400% premium on face value and currently range from $2,145-$20,000. POST ON-SALE: After Monday’s on-sale there was an increase of about 7% (36 tickets) listed on the secondary market, bringing the current total to about 500 listed on the secondary market. The 500 tickets available is just 2.5% of T-Mobile Arena’s capacity, so secondary prices aren’t likely to drop significantly between now and the fight.
Average price actually rose from $6,256 on Monday morning to $7,190 (15%) by Monday evening, but the cheapest seat fell from $2,500 to $2,145 (-14%) in the same time frame.(https://www.tiqiq.com/
fight/conor-mcgregor-tickets/ conor-mcgregor-vs-floyd-maywea ther-jr–08-26-2017/ 4035147264396)
- If all PPV targets are hit, Mayweather could make $400 million and McGregor $127 million (https://www.forbes.com/sites/
brianmazique/2017/06/16/the-es timated-purses-for-floyd-maywe ather-vs-conor-mcgregor-fight- are-staggering/#47d12d423d00)
- Mayweather is favored to win the fight with 1/6 odds, but the most popular bet is currently for McGregor at 11/2 odds. (https://www.oddschecker.com/b
Here’s a quick chart showing Average Price & Get-in Price on the secondary market for each of Mayweather & McGregor’s main event PPV fights since 2013. The current average price is well above all other events including being 49% above Mayweathr/Pacquiao. However, that bout has Mayweather/McGregor beat on “get-in price” by over $1,500. It should be noted the inventory of tickets on the secondary market was about 41% less (300 for Mayweather/Pacquiao and 509 currently available for Mayweather/McGregor).
|5/4/13||Floyd Mayweather Jr vs. Robert Guerrero||$1,014||$200|
|9/14/13||Floyd Mayweather Jr vs. Canelo Alvarez||$2,887||$1,187|
|5/3/14||Floyd Mayweather Jr vs. Marcos Maidana||$1,385||$359|
|9/13/14||Floyd Mayweather Jr vs. Marcos Maidana II||$1,403||$376|
|5/2/15||Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao||$4,830||$3,670|
|7/11/15||UFC 189: Chad Mendes vs. Conor McGregor||$829||$326|
|9/12/15||Floyd Mayweather Jr vs. Andre Berto||$1,156||$248|
|12/12/15||UFC 194: Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor||$978||$419|
|3/5/16||UFC 196: Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz||$746||$240|
|8/20/16||UFC 202: Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz II||$705||$263|
|11/12/16||UFC 205: Eddie Alvarez vs. Conor McGregor||$2,101||$632|
|8/26/17||Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr.||$7,201||$2,145|
- This is by far the most expensive combat sports event tracked in terms of average price.
- Average price for Mayweather/Pacquiao at the same time range (approx. 5 weeks out) was $5,312. So tickets dropped on average 9% leading up to the fight.
- According to Priceline.com, a Vegas 4-Star hotel on the night of the fight will cost a minimum of $135. By comparison, rates are as low as $68 the Saturday beforehand (Aug 19), marking a 98% premium on hotels during fight weekend.
- The undercard is currently scheduled to consist of only boxing matches, no MMA.
- McGregor is the more active of the two on Social Media, and has over 26 million followers between Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Mayweather‘s social media accounts are more geared towards his line of products, yet he eclipses McGregor by over 10 million followers across the same social platforms.
- Both McGregor & Mayweather are WWE fans and WWE officials are trying to secure one or both to make an appearance on an episode on WWE Raw in the weeks leading up to the fight. Fun Fact: Floyd Mayweather compete
d in a semi-main event match at Wrestlemania 24 defeating “The Big Show” Paul Wight by knockout. Wight is billed as 7 feet tall and 383 pounds.
Information courtesy of www.TicketIQ.com