Live Blogs and Results

Mickey Rourke Paid Homeless Opponent to Throw Fight

2393FAC000000578-2854714-image-12_1417340313447 Photo by Getty Images

Mickey Rourke (7-0-2, 5 KOs), the 62-year-old actor who made his return to the ring on Saturday in Moscow, Russia, reportedly paid a homeless man, Elliot Seymour (1-9), to take a dive in their fight in order for him to “look good,” according to a recent article by The Daily Mail.

“Elliot Seymour, the man who lost to Rourke on Friday, is a homeless drifter who trained at the same Hollywood gym Rourke [trained at] and was paid to fly to Russia to make the actor ‘look good,'” said a source close to the family who asked to not be named.

The report only confirms what many had already suspected as the two knockdowns Rourke scored were as a convincing as a WWE wrestling finisher.

Rourke won via a second-round knockout. The fight, which was on the undercard of a Welterweight bout between Ruslan Provodnikov and Jose Luis Castillo, was Rourke’s first since leaving the ring in 1994.

This entire spectacle was made in order for Rourke to look good, but comes at the expense of a person with mental health issues who was exploited by a team of Hollywood publicists and promoters.

“There’s so much more to the situation than people know, and there’s so much that’s more important than the fact it was fixed, which is the fact he doesn’t have a home and he’s got some mental health issues,” the report said.

Comments
To Top